~ A Place to Nest~

This is my little corner, a place to nest and to share with you my thoughts, hopes, dreams and wishes. Cherish the moments that touch your heart and embrace them.
~As always,
~Peaceful Blessings to You and to Yours~

Tammy ^j^

Saturday, June 9, 2007

~A Perfect Day~

Happy Summer Day to All!
What a beautiful day I shared with my family. I could not of asked for a more Perfect Day. We went to one of those little town shindigs that have a carnival, parade and food. The kids just love this! Actually I do too, it brings back all those childhood memories. My girls get so excited over the fire trucks and the Marching Bands and yes, "The Candy". Flags were passed out and the Veterans were there marching with pride carrying the US flag. I have a special place in my heart for all Veterans and it always makes me feel so thankful for them. There were also men and women playing the bagpipes as they marched. I love the beautiful music that comes out of such a piece of a complicated instrument. I always remember my father when I hear this music. At his funeral there was The 21 gun Salute and the Bagpipers played. To me the music is so beautiful and sad at the same time. Memorial Day is a time for remembering all of our loved ones that have passed on and Veteran's Day is a time to remember and to honor them. Why do we take only one day for this? Let us always remember them at any time and always keep that special place open to them. Life is so short and it seems like the older I get, the faster it goes. Stop and spend a little time with a family member or relative, a friend you have not stopped to visit for awhile and make that phone call you have been putting off because you think there is always tomorrow. For some tomorrow never comes and for some they need that call or visit. Life really is short and I know the old saying "Life is what you make of it". So put a smile on someones heart:)
Take Time for You and Yours ~ Peaceful Blessings Tammy~

No comments: